Potable Water Treatment
Chemifloc has an unparalleled history in the Irish water treatment industry, with over 40 years of experience as a potable water solutions specialist. From a small team of 5 in 1981, it now operates with a staff of over 80 personnel across three separate companies, leading the way in servicing the potable water network of Ireland.
Chemifloc is well-known for providing a wide range of premium flocculants, coagulants, disinfection, and pH correction chemistries, but its main strength lies in the associated technical and logistical services that support the commercial supply of products. Key to its growth has been its highly trained personnel, whose work ethic, technical competence, and commitment to the company values have kept Chemifloc at the forefront of the potable water industry today.
Chemifloc manufactures and distributes chemistries for the following applications:
These are added to water to form aluminium or iron precipitates, which absorb impurities in the water as they form. They function to clean the water supply of contaminants.
- Aluminium Sulphate: This potable inorganic coagulant is used in drinking water treatment. It is added to water to form aluminium precipitates, which absorb impurities in the water as they form. This helps to clean the drinking water supply of contaminants.
- Polyaluminium chloride (PACl): This potable inorganic coagulant is also used in drinking water treatment. It is added to water to form aluminium precipitates, which absorb impurities in the water as they form. This helps to clean the drinking water supply of contaminants.
- Ferric Sulphate & Ferric Chloride: These Iron-Based potable inorganic coagulants are used in both wastewater and water treatment. They are added to water to form iron precipitates, which absorb impurities in the water as they form. This helps to clean the drinking water supply of contaminants by removing colloids present in the water.
- Ferric Aluminium Sulphate: A hybrid chemical for difficult-to-treat potable and wastewater.
- Sodium Hypochlorite is dosed by automated dosing systems or manually added directly into the drinking water used for human consumption and their water distribution system.
- Sodium Chlorite: Used as a precursor for Chlorine Dioxide production.
- Sodium Hydroxide solutions: Raising pH in potable and wastewater.
- Sulphuric Acid Solutions: Lowering pH in potable and wastewater.
Odour and Septicity
- Odour: Odour refers to the characteristic smell or scent that is associated with certain substances or environments. In the context of sewage or wastewater, the presence of odour is often an indication of the decomposition and breakdown of organic matter by bacteria and other microorganisms. When organic substances decompose, they release various gases such as hydrogen sulfide (which has a rotten egg smell), ammonia, and volatile organic compounds, which contribute to the unpleasant odour.
- Septicity: Septicity refers to the condition or state of sewage or wastewater being septic, which means it has become contaminated with harmful or pathogenic microorganisms. When sewage or wastewater remains stagnant or has insufficient oxygen supply, anaerobic bacteria thrive and produce foul-smelling and potentially toxic substances. This condition is often characterized by a strong, putrid odour and is associated with a high concentration of dissolved and suspended organic matter. Septicity is a significant concern in sewage collection systems, as it can lead to the release of harmful gases and pose health risks to humans and the environment.
Typical chemicals for the treatment of odour and septicity include:
- Ferric Nitrate
- Sodium Nitrate
- Calcium Nitrate
OVER 40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Potable Water Assessment
Chemifloc can fully assess raw water from any natural source (through our accredited Chemilab facility) and design a chemical procedure to bring it to the highest EU potable water standards.
We frequently consult with leading civil and mechanical engineering firms to ensure that the most effective and prudent use of chemicals on the local potable water network is identified at the design stage and that sustainable treatment programs are in place at the commissioning stage. Our references include Irish Water, Veolia Group, Coffey Group, Murphy Group, and NI Water.
Chemifloc offers an extensive range of chemical products in the following categories:
Our chemicals are added to water to form aluminium or iron precipitates. These absorb impurities in the water as they form, functioning to clean the water supply of contaminants.
Potable polyelectrolytes are chemical flocculants used in the conditioning/ thickening of the sludge line in potable drinking water treatment. They help floc formation and removal.
Polyelectrolytes are chemical flocculants used in the conditioning/ thickening of the sludge line in wastewater treatment.
Chemifloc provide a wide range of general chemical products, including aluminium sulphate, ferric sulphate, sodium hypochlorite and fluoride.
How can we help?
If you are interested in knowing more about ourproducts and services, please contact us.