Chemifloc works extensively within the wastewater industry in Ireland and supplies chemicals for the effective treatment and management of wastewater to ensure its safe disposal or reuse. Various chemicals are commonly used in wastewater treatment processes to facilitate the removal of contaminants and ensure the water meets the required quality standards. Here are some chemicals we frequently supply:
- Coagulants: Chemifloc is Ireland’s largest manufacturer and supplier of coagulants. Coagulants are used to destabilise suspended particles in wastewater, causing them to clump together and form larger particles called flocs. Common coagulants we produce and distribute include aluminium sulphate (alum), ferric sulphate, ferric chloride, and poly aluminium chloride. Coagulants aid in the removal of suspended solids and certain dissolved substances from wastewater.
- Polymer-based flocculants: With our 40-year relationship with SNF France, Chemifloc is Ireland’s largest distributor of polymer-based flocculants. These chemicals are used to enhance the agglomeration and settling of suspended particles in wastewater. They help to form larger and heavier flocs that can be more easily separated from the water.
- pH Adjusters: In some cases, the pH of wastewater needs to be adjusted to facilitate treatment processes. Chemicals like sulphuric acid or sodium hydroxide are commonly supplied by Chemifloc in either bulk or IBC format to raise or lower the pH levels as needed.
- Adsorbents: Adsorbents like powder or granulated activated carbon are used to remove organic compounds, certain heavy metals, and other dissolved contaminants from wastewater.
- Septicity control: Ferric Nitrate is excellent for treating sulphides (odour control) in wastewater and sludge. It is also used for removing nitrogen and phosphorus in wastewater treatment plants. Iron Nitrate is also excellent for treating sulphides (odour control) in wastewater and sludge. It is used for removing nitrogen and phosphorus in wastewater treatment plants.
- Buffering Agents: Buffering agents are used to stabilise the pH of wastewater by resisting changes in acidity or alkalinity. Common buffering agents include sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate (Soda ash).
OVER 40 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Why companies choose the Chemifloc Group
- A leader in chemical supplies
- Extensive product range
- Large-scale manufacturing
- Global supply sources
- Major storage capacity
- Largest tanker fleet
- Safe, rapid distribution
- Creative solutions
- Strong support services
- A trusted partner
Chemifloc offers an extensive range of chemical products in the following categories:
Our chemicals are added to water to form aluminium or iron precipitates. These absorb impurities in the water as they form, functioning to clean the water supply of contaminants.
Potable polyelectrolytes are chemical flocculants used in the conditioning/ thickening of the sludge line in potable drinking water treatment. They help floc formation and removal.
Polyelectrolytes are chemical flocculants used in the conditioning/ thickening of the sludge line in wastewater treatment.
Chemifloc provide a wide range of general chemical products, including aluminium sulphate, ferric sulphate, sodium hypochlorite and fluoride.
How can we help?
If you are interested in knowing more about ourproducts and services, please contact us.